Friday, December 2, 2016

Run Like There's a Sale at Nordstrom

Happy Friday guys!  

While at the gym the other day I thought to share this simple (but grueling) workout we did this week.  You can do it practically any where, just grab a running buddy or your headphones, and go!  
Running is one of my least favorite things to do, but knowing there was a rest in between I felt like I was able to push myself.  It also helps when there are 10+ people suffering with you. :)

Taking a week off from the gym (and eating nonstop) probably wasn't the best idea because it's been extra hard for me to get motivated this week.  Hopefully I'll be more into it as we get back into our daily routine.  Yesterday we took the day off from the gym and relaxed and cooked dinner with some friends; the time off was much needed!  

Below is the workout, make sure to stretch and warm up!

Warm up: 
Something just to get your heart pumping.  Like a donut maybe.. I kid, I kid.
We did a 400 meter run, 20-30 high knees and 20-30 butt kicks.

Work Out: 2 rounds!

200 meter run
-rest 30 sec.-
400 meter run
-rest 60 sec.-
600 meter run
-rest 90 sec.-
800 meter run
rest 2:00 min.-
(repeat)

*Make sure to stretch BEFORE and AFTER!  I'm personally so bad at this, but it's super important.* 

After all that running my legs felt like jello and I could barely walk, but it was so worth it in the long run. (pun not intended, hehe)  
One thing about Crossfit I've learned is that sometimes you have to do the things you hate. That's the only way they become the things you like to do rather than dread to do.  As our coach says, "The worst thing that'll happen is you'll get a little bit fitter."  So get out and just do some form of exercise, so you can eat however you want this weekend!  At least that's what I'm doing.
I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!


Details:
Emily Olive Collections tank top 
(check them out on IG @emilyolivescreenprinting)
Reebok socks











xoxo,



5 comments:

  1. You killed that running WOD, girl who hates running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thank you, I had to talk myself up to that one lol

      Delete
  2. You are adorable! And you totally rock those workout clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable! And you totally rock those workout clothes!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!