Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Health Humpday- Detox Water

Hi everyone!! Today for "Health Humpday" I decided to share my favorite detox water recipe with you! I'm usually running late (ok always) so a detox water is much quicker for me to make than a detox smoothie, but that is an option too! Truthfully, I don't like water unless I'm working out.  I would much rather have a glass of sweet tea. Or an iced vanilla latte from Starbucks.  I know I can't be the only one!  A detox is a much healthier, and tastier, alternative.

For those of you who aren't familiar with detox waters, it is simply your normal drinking water infused with a few different fruits, vegetables, and or greens that help flush any toxins from your body.  

Here's what you'll need
~4-8 cups of water (depending on how strong you want the taste)
~1 lemon (I use half of the lemon, it really all depends on what you prefer)
~Fresh mint leaves (about 10-13)
~Ice cubes~1 cucumber (about 7-11 slices)


Directions
Add your water to a pitcher. Slice the cucumber and put them in along with the lemon cut in wedges, and with your fresh mint leaves. Pour in your water, filling the pitcher to the top. Let this infuse and chill in the fridge overnight.Ta da! It's as simple as that!  



















I hope you enjoy this detox as much as I do!  Leave us any questions or comments below!  We would love your feedback! 




2 comments:

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!