Monday, June 29, 2015

Getting Ready QUICK!

Waking up at 6:30am for grad school everyday on summer vacation = A LOT of prep work. To assure I don’t get lazy and blow off my hair and make-up everyday, I plan ahead and prep my hair, make-up, clothes (and breakfast!) the night before.

First I’ll start by laying out my make-up the night before in the order that I’m going to be using it, including brushes, skincare regimen and all! This makes the process go so much faster (mainly because I can’t think before my coffee) and it helps as a motivator to actually do my make-up and not come up with a million excuses as to why I should skip make-up today! ..and yesterday …and the day before that!

Second, my outfit. Set out your clothes the night before as well. You may be thinking “but what if I don’t feel like wearing that tomorrow.” 
My response to that is:
1.     But you might! And if you do, you’ll be thanking yourself for it!
2.     If not, at least you have something to work with and won’t be starting from scratch.
3.     If you’re running late, at least you’ll have a well put together outfit instead of throwing on yesterday’s clothes or scrambling to put something together that ends up not really being all that put together… (AGAIN, brain doesn’t work well before coffee).
[Pictured is Top Shop tankGap jeans, and Gypsy Haute horn necklace. I wore Old Navy sandals with this.]
Thirdly is hair. A quick neat and tidy ponytail can be appropriate for almost any setting. Straighten or curl your hair the night before and secure it loosely to the top of your head before bed. Using a clip instead of a rubber band will help you avoid that awkward crease hair ties leave behind. To jazz up your pony, leave out sections from each side (near your ears), secure the pony, then wrap the left out sections around the rubber band and secure with a bobby pin underneath the pony. This literally takes less than a minute (I just went and timed myself) and looks so put together!
I hope this post helps and inspires you to do some of your getting ready the night before! And because I'm a nutrition fein, I must mention that prepping your breakfast the night before will help you to not skip it and run out the house with no fuel for your body!
Prepping is great for stress relief! I sleep much better knowing that I've already done half of my getting ready. 




P.S. Stay tuned for linked posts of tutorials with a little more detail for each of these steps.

3 comments:

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!