Wednesday, July 1, 2015

4th of July Inspired Looks!


God Bless America

I'm a sucker for anything festive! 
The 4th of July is no exception. 
Because we're going on the road this year on the road every year for the 4th, my best outlet to express my festiveness is through my outfits rather than decorating the yard or having a picnic with all of the amazing junk in the $1 section at Target
(It's my biggest weakness.)

I decided to put together some looks for the weekend. 
These are my top three 4th of July inspired outfits this year. 

First up: My "summer camo" Old Navy Pixie Pants that I got for *$4.00* in their clearance section this past week! 
I'm seriously loving them. 
They are all the right 4th of July colors without looking like you're trying to be too festive.. right?? I put them with a Top Shop Tank that I wear with pretty much everything (I think you've seen it before and WILL be seeing it again!). On my feet are my very comfy Nine West camel colored sandal like heels. And then my gold Michael Kors bangle on my wrist and gold Gypsy Haute Arrowhead necklace around my neck.

Second up: My favorite article of clothing at the moment, the Chambray Cami Jumpsuit from Old Navy
I could live in this thing permanently. 
I searched high and low for an American flag bandana and failed big time but I did find a solid red one that I think does the job and sends Rosie the Riveter vibes. Are you feeling it? Keeping with the classic American theme, I wore my/my little brothers John Lennon shades and red lips! On my feet are some ancient but beloved Target Sandals. And most importantly is my "B" necklace that my sis Mally gave me for my birthday! (Thanks again, Mal!)

Last up (but definitely not least): I must be honest, I impressed myself with the mixing of patterns that I did here. Mixing patterns and textures is so intimidating but so awesome when it's done right! Here I paired my Old Navy Fireworks Shorts and a white and navy striped quarter length sleeved shirt that I rolled up to above the elbow. On my feet are nude Forever 21 flats in yet another pattern! On my wrist is my much loved Gold Chain Michael Kors watch and Michael Kors bangle! And of course my very festive lemonade with my red, white, and blue straw that unfortunately did not show up for the picture! 

You better bet I'm wearing my red, white, blue, stars, and stripes all weekend long! 
We want to see your 4th of July inspired outfits! Show us by commenting below or tagging us @MallyandB on Instagram! We're looking forward to seeing you!


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing post! So excited for the weekend now. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!