Friday, July 10, 2015

DIY Makeup Brush Cleaning





Ok everyone I have a confession:  I have never cleaned my makeup brushes.  I mean, NEVER.  I've probably had my brushes for two years now. (GASP) I know.. this is a serious beauty no-no.  Not only that, but your makeup brushes hold bacteria that you are putting on your face daily. I believe 90% of my breakouts are from my brushes not being clean, so I decided it was time to wash them!

For the past few days I have researched and tried a few different methods of cleaning makeup brushes, and this is the one that I found worked the best for me.  The ingredients are not harmful for your skin and it cleaned my brushes very well!  You probably have all the ingredients you need at home already, so here are the steps!

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Dawn dish soap

First, start by adding equal parts olive oil and dawn into a bowl.  I added about 1 tablespoon of each.  *you will need to refill your bowl after you have used it for a couple of brushed.


Then, dip the brush into your mixture and lather until you see all the makeup gone!





Lastly, rinse your brush under cool water until completely clean of any soap.  Reshape your brushes and lay flat on a dry towel to dry.  Thats it!  It's as simple as that.  I had to clean my brushes a few times to get them completely clean, but now they are as good as new!  I honesty thought that cleaning my brushes would be more tedious and time consuming than it really was.    

I learned that you should clean your brushes at least once a week to make sure they stay clean, so I believe my face will benefit from this!  I will keep you guys posted in a few weeks on how it goes! If any of you have any other tips or tricks let us know!  We love your feedback!

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!