Friday, March 17, 2017

Why You Should Shave Your Face

Yup.
You read that title right.
Today's topic may seem a little strange, but I am seriously obsessed with this 'secret' beauty trick!  I wish I could take credit for it, but it's actually been around for a while! In fact, Kate Somerville, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, and Cleopatra all vouched for face shaving.




I know what you're thinking and, no, your hair won't grow back dark and thick.  You won't grow a beard.  The hair on your face is vellus hair- short, thin, and usually lighter than the hair on your head. So no worries, it grows back the same! :)
Shaving your face is actually so beneficial.
It makes your makeup application a breeze.  It gives your skin a glow and in turn helps products absorb into the skin.  Not kidding guys.  You no longer have to worry about your powder getting all in those mustache hairs. AMEN!  Your makeup just melts right into your skin, making it a more flawless finish.  

It's exfoliating.  Making it an anti-aging treatment.  Think about it, why do you think men look so youthful as they age?  They shave the majority of their lives.  This fact alone made me try it ASAP.  I'm a sucker for anything anti-aging!

Now lets get into it!
It's pretty basic and simple.  You'll need: a single blade razor (simpler the better), or these Touch 'N Brow razors from Sally Beauty Supply.  That's IT.  Start with a freshly cleansed face.  Pull the skin taut, then shave downwards on your skin in short strokes.  Also, hold the razor at a 45-degree angle.  Don't freak when it looks like you skinned a lamb, you'll be shocked at how much hair you have on your face!

**Tip if you decide to use a razor.  After you wash your face, apply a thin layer of (organic) coconut oil or facial oil to your face before you shave.  You don't want to cut yourself!**

I shave my whole face; jawline, upper lip, under my chin, cheeks,  and my forehead.  You won't be able to stop touching your face because it will be sooooo smooth!!
Next, don't forget to cleanse (again), and apply a moisturizer.  You don't want your face to get dry!
**Since I'm not loving a moisturizer right now, I've actually been rotating out the ItWorks Defining Gel and the Stretch Mark Cream.  Love.

I am ADDICTED to this and do it about once a week, I actually look forward to it now!!
Don't be scared, give it a try! I'm sure you'll be just as hooked as me!


What's your favorite anti-aging 'secret'?  I'd LOVE to know!!
Thank you so much for supporting me, and giving a hoot about what I have to say :)
Have a great weekend guys.




xoxo,











No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hi, I'm Mally!

WIth a love for fashion, a sense of style, and a touch of elegance, I desire to help all feel the best they can and look good in their own style! As a certified cosmetologist and make-up artist, I adore making each client feel the most beautiful they can after they leave my chair. Fashion and beauty have always been a part of my life and I look forward to sharing my ideas and finds with you, our beautiful reader. I hope to inspire you to create and have fun with your own personal style!